Is your garage door bent or broken? Discovering that your garage door is bent, broken, or not functioning correctly is never fun. Fortunately, fixing bent garage door installations is easy!
Here are a few steps to help you get back on track as soon as possible.
Why Do Garage Doors Bend?
Garage doors bend because they have a lot of weight to bear. The average garage door weighs around 300 pounds and can weigh up to 1,000 pounds depending on the size of your garage door.
That’s a lot of weight for any object to carry, but even more so when you consider that most garage doors consist of steel and aluminum—both flexible materials.
This is why it’s crucial to ensure your garage door and garage door tracks are properly maintained and cared for with regular inspections and professional garage door services.
If your garage door is bending, get in touch with an authorized dealer from Garage Doors. They offer free inspections and will suggest the best course of action for fixing your bent garage door to prevent further risk of damage.
How to Fix Bent Garage Door: Step-by-Step Guide
A bent garage door can be a frustrating problem, but it doesn’t have to be. Here’s how to fix bent garage doors:
1. Check for damage. If the door is damaged, you’ll need to replace it. If not, move on to step 2!
2. Use a jack to lift the door up from the bottom and remove the track from beneath it (this step will vary depending on your specific model).
3. Once you’ve removed the track and lifted the door, lay it down on its side so you can work on straightening it out.
4. Measure the height of each side of your door before you begin bending it back into place—you’ll want to ensure they’re even before continuing with this step!
5. The last step in fixing bent garage door systems is to bend one side slightly upwards while keeping an eye on how much higher one side is than the other; if necessary, bend it further until both sides are level with each other again!
Schedule Garage Door Repairs with Garage Doors Authorized Dealers!
Looking to fix a bent garage door near you? You don’t have to look any further.
We’re here to ensure that you can get the most out of your garage door—and that it’s as safe and secure as possible! Authorized dealers for Garage Doors are ready to help you with all your garage door needs, from installation to repairs and maintenance.
Our dealers are experts all things garage doors and can help you fix bent garage door systems. Whether you need new garage door panels, garage door rollers, or advice on how to keep your old one running smoothly, we can help. We’ll even go so far as to offer free estimates on new installations services